January 14, 2012

The Comfort Zone

The cold temperatures are upon us.
In order to photograph much of anything outdoors, I wear several layers of clothing consisting of a tee shirt, sweat shirt and a thermal insulated jacket. I use a full faced hat, scarf and thick gloves. I can comfortably function in temperatures down to 10 degrees Fahrenheit (-12.2 Celsius). If it is any colder, I must move much faster in my stride as I will fall short of the comfort zone.



'Changes' recorded by Tesla in 1986

These photo sets are two days apart, I have worked, rested and, eaten between sets.

'What To Do' recorded by The Drifters in 1964


On my way to what?
I don't mean for this question to be sarcastic,
it is only that I know that there are other situations that I would rather be in.
I generally think that producing material like this is very constructive and healthy.