January 17, 2012

By Night, By Day, I Want To Have Some Of It My Way

Back in early 2001,
I was employed at International Business Machines (IBM).
The work environment was reasonable as I had a desk and a computer as a window to the world.
At the same time, I had a driving job that was only two days per month; it was the only opportunity that I had to travel on a regular basis throughout New York State.
I often looked forward to the nights that I would venture from the Binghamton, NY area to other cities.
  As I was driving along in the Catskill Mountains one night, I tuned into a standards radio station "Juke Box Radio, The Oldies That You Remember" 99.7 FM. The transmitter is located at Liberty, NY and is actually next to the McDonald's behind a small house that has a sign hanging in front of it with the call letters of the station; different signs were hung up depending on arrangements that I don't fully understand.
As I am driving along in early 2001, I heard 'Round and Round' my first impression was 'wow, that is Burl Ives, what a cool record. After the song, the name Perry Como was announced; I was intrigued.
I considered myself to be knowledgeable of popular music from the 60's and 70's.
Suddenly, there was a sizable amount of music being played in the Catskill Mountains.
It was in style to drive through a area that had traditionallly ben populated with resorts that regularly featured entertainers of the day.
As the years have gone by, I have acquired a sizable collection of recordings of 50's.


'Maybe' was recorded by Perry Como and Eddie Fisher in 1952


I produced all of these videos on the 16th of January, 2012, I took my camera outside and around the house.
There are some different types of music presented here but, it is all very entertaining.


'A Little At A Time' was recorded by Johnny Cash in 1962



'Daily Nightly' was recorded by The Monkees in 1967



'Truly Fine Citizen' was recorded by Moby Grape in 1969




By Night, By Day, I Want To Have Some Of It My Way