June 21, 2012

The Solstice

Today was the solstice it was the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere.
Unfortunately, it was the hottest, most humid and, miserable day so far this year.
I didn't even try to go outside walking until 18:30; it proved to be a rather comfortable evening walk.

Inasmuch as I contemplate many eventful and hopefully constructive strategies throughout life,
I do relish the concept of 'going with the flow', I must be certain that I am standing in the stream of life that will carry me.
Realistically, there are not always too many streams to chose from.
I don't want to spend my life in a puddle that will dry up and leave my feet on very hot pavement.
The days will now shorten and, I will be careful.
I know in my heart that I am saying that I will stop for more streams along the way;
it is so very important to be able to observe these 'streams' along the way.




'Fade Away' recorded by Rick Nelson in 1975



 
It is so very important to be able to observe these 'streams' along the way.