December 5, 2011

Unforeseen Variables


http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/388861_289071164467400_192277654146752_784348_1082903362_n.jpg


Somethings in life remain about the same regardless of the unforeseen variables.
This photograph is of a creek that I often photograph because it is at the half way point of where I often walk.
Over the summer and into September, we had two significant rain storms, each of which made significant changes to the creek bed. Although the terrain has been modified, the waterfall remains exactly as it was before due to it's greater density than that of the clay and gravel that has accumulated along sides of the gorge walls.

 When you look at my photographs year after year, you will notice that it is mostly the same material over and over again but, I just don't want to live on the computer and go to work.
I have noticed that on Facebook that I tend to loose friends after several months, I am assuming that my photographs annoy some people over time.
The reality is that I have a job as a local truck driver, last week, I worked and drove a truck over 50 hours, the Thanksgiving / Christmas season is a very demanding time for time sensitive publications such as a newspaper.

Today, I forced myself out of bed made a double shot of espresso and sat down as I drank the whole thing; twenty minutes later, I was up and had my sweat clothes on and was out of the door with a camera in my hand as well as a bottle of ice tea that I perpared myself by placing tea bags in a bottle and letting it set for at least eight hours.

If you look at the flat rock in the photograph, you will see the face that I have drawn, the rock is about three feet tall and, I wanted to display it.